The Check It Study
At this time, Check It is no longer enrolling participants.
As an alternative, we encourage you to check out https://gettested.cdc.gov/ for various STD test sites.
Once you have found a clinic, be sure to call them before you go there to find out their current details.
About the Previous Enrollments
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a 15-26 year old man
- Are Black or African American
- Live or spend most of your time in Orleans Parish
- Had sex with a woman
Participants may receive:
- Free testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea
- Help getting medication for you and your sex partners if you test positive
- Retesting in 3 months if you test positive
- Referrals for free or low cost testing for other sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
Check it is a Tulane University research project in Orleans Parish, Louisiana that offers eligible men STD testing at barber shops, colleges and other non-traditional sites. Testing and compensation are provided to participants. Interested? Connect with us to find out more info Text or call us at 504-495-8102